6.23.2010

Crowning & Cunning: "I Do! Chicago Ties the Knot"

Here's a great excuse to visit the Windy City this summer: "I Do! Chicago Ties the Knot" at the Chicago History Museum is an exhibit of bridal gowns and accessories dating back to the 1850's!

In conjunction with I Do! Chicago Ties the Knot, three established Chicago designers will each create a wedding gown inspired by selected pieces from the exhibition made with fabric provided by Brentano, a Chicago-based interior design textile company. The winning garment will become part of the Museum’s permanent collection and will be on display in I Do! for the remainder of the exhibition.

"I Do! Chicago Ties the Knot" runs through January 2011 at the Chicago History Museum, 1601 N. Clark St. For information call 312-642-4600 or visit the Web site at www.chicagohistory.org 

No comments: